- East Coast Gourmet Blog - http://www.eastcoastgourmet.com/blog -
Baked Stuffed Lobster
Posted By Charlie On March 4, 2013 @ 8:23 am In Lobster Dinners,Maine Lobster Recipes,Scallops,Shrimp | No Comments
4 1-1/2 pound Maine lobsters  (Yes, you can get some real feisty live lobsters shipped direct from East Coast Gourmet.)
4 Cups of Seafood Stuffing (see below)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Plunge the tip of a sharp knife straight down right behind the lobster’s eyes and split the lobster lengthwise.
3. Remove the coral and livers and discard. Twist off the claws and set aside.
4. Stuff each lobster body evenly with the seafood stuffing.Place on sheet pans and bake for 15-20 minutes in the over.
5. We think it is best to steam the claws separately. Bring a pot of water to boil, and steam the claws for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, lobster claws can be baked with the stuffed lobster.
Lobster Seafood Stuffing
1/2 pound butter
1/2 cup chopped shallot
6 stalks celery diced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/2 pound fresh crab meat
1/2 pound Maine shrimp peeled
1/2 cup of bay scallops
10 cups of crushed Ritz crackers
1 cup dry sherry
1. Sauté shallot and celery in butter until transparent. Add herbs and seafood and continue to cook for about 6 minutes.
2. Add cracker crumbs and mix. Next add the sherry.
Article printed from East Coast Gourmet Blog: http://www.eastcoastgourmet.com/blog
URL to article: http://www.eastcoastgourmet.com/blog/baked-stuffed-lobster-recipe/
URLs in this post:
 Maine lobsters: http://www.eastcoastgourmet.com/Live-Maine-Lobster-Delivery/
 Image: http://www.linkwithin.com/
Copyright © 2008 East Coast Blog. All rights reserved.